Followers

Monday 1 August 2011

Cupcake Crafts GDT!!!

Morning All!

Happy Monday to you, wow can you believe it's the 1st August already?!  Scary stuff ay, lol!

So, this is my first post today (1 of 3!) and yep you've guessed it.....I'm a GDT for Cupcake Craft Challenges wahoooooooo!!



I was actually booked in to be a GDT in  April, but cleverly broke my wrist so the lovely Faye let me postpone my GDT slot to August, thanks for having me hon  :o)  

This week the challenge is How Old so we want to see birthday creations with a number on them.  My God Mum asked me to make her friend a card who would be celebrating her 70th birthday, the brief was she loves to cook and loves James Martin, lol!  So I thought this would be the perfect card for my GDT card today, here it is...



As it's a 70th birthday I thought she deserved a special fold card!  Here's a close up of the front fold.  I tried to make another picture frame, this time using heart dies...



And a close up of Chef Tilda...



The back part of the card...



And another close up!...



The inside of the card...



And a side view...



A nice and simples challenge for you this week!  Head over to Cupcake for some more inspiration and welcome Maarit to the team too  :o)

See you in a bit peeps!...

Much love,




Challenges I'm entering my card in:

Card Ingredients:
Card / DP's ~ Core d'inations 'Raspberry', Doodlebug 'Square Dance', Magnolia '50s Cherries' and Craft Creations Ltd 'Turquoise Gingham'
Stamps / Images ~ Magnolia 'Chef Tilda', 'Baking Tilda with Wooden Spoon' and 'Kitchen Sideboard', Stampendous 'So Birthday'
Dies / Punches ~ Nesties 'Hearts' and 'Big Scalloped Circles', George and Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge (70 and Circle)
Embellishments ~ Doily from eBay, Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Ribbon from The Glitter Pot
Other ~ Sizzix Big Shot, Cricut Create, Versamark Pen, WOW Glitter Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Bow Maker, Glamour Dust
Colour Mediums ~ Copic Markers:  Skin ~ E21, E00, E000, R20, R00;  Hair, Shoes and Sideboard ~ E27, E25, E23, E33;  Clothes ~ E41, E40, R27, R24, R17;  Other ~ C3, 0.  Derwent Coloursoft Pencils blended with Sansodor ~ Black, Dark Brown, Pale Brown

12 comments:

SueK said...

Hi Cazza, lovely card, well all of them are great (as usual grrrrr)but I especially like this one, cos I love cooking. Good luck tonight hope the match goes well - but whatever happens you are a winner in your family and friends eyes. See you Friday.

xx
Sue K

Louise said...

Gorgeous card and what a fab touch with the pic.
Hugs Louise xx

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Oh wow...how gorgeous is this one! You spoil us with inspiration hun!!!
Hugs, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Lisa said...

Hi Cazza, Gorgeous card! Love the cute images and great card design.

Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

This is fab hun, such a fun card and fits the brief perfectly :o) Great design and colours. Lisa x

coops said...

wow!! fantastic card hun.love the gorgeous images and your colours and details are stunning.love it :D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

I have serious paper envy issues with you today! More scrumminess. I love the little scene you have built up. Living the Vida Loca. Oh. That's a different Martin isn't it?!
Babe, I would wait until next August for you! :)
xxx

Brodders said...

He he that pic of James Martin made me smile, a perfect touch. I hope your wrist is in tip top condition now.
Love Jane x

Unknown said...

Hi Cazza & welcome as our new GDT for August! What a lovely & stunning card! Great details too! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

karen said...

Gorgeous and brilliant! hugs,Karexx

jimlynn said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Know your mom's friend will love it too. So many fabulous details!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Donna said...

Hi Caroline, your card is absolutely stunning and such a beautiful design...I'm loving the red gingham! I hope you have a fab time GD for Cupcake this month, we are very lucky to have you :) Donna x