Followers

Monday 30 August 2010

1st Day at School!

Hi All,
Hope you're all good this evening and have had a fantastic bank holiday weekend? Hard to believe that our next one is.....Christmas!! OMG, where has 2010 gone? And talking of time flying by my card tonight is along that theme as it's a Good Luck for your 1st Day of School card which I've made for my Niece Maisy (yes the same Maisy who turned 4 only two weeks ago!) and another for my God Daughter. Both girls are starting school next week and I can not believe how quickly that has come around!! They're both too ickle!!
So here's their cards, simple and cute on Craftwork Cards 5 x 5 inch cards...
Close up of Lili of the Valley's Back to School Girl stamp, coloured with my Copics and Derwent Coloursoft pencils...

Inside of the card...
This is Isabelle's card, same as Maisy's but with brown hair (just like hers!)
Posted by Picasa
Told you they were simple, kind of like notelet cards. The polka dot paper is from Wild Rose Studio Polka Dot paper stack and is layered on Core d'inations Gem Stone backing card, I've used my Nesties, X-Cut Retro Flowers punches, Button Brads are by Making Memories, Pearl Gems are from The Glitter Pot and I've added Glamour Dust for extra sparkle. The Good Luck sentiment was computer generated.
I'm entering this card into 2 challenges this week:
Papertake Weekly Challenge - It's Recipe Time, 3-2-1. So it's 3 of one thing, 2 of another and 1 of another. I've used 3 pearl gems, 2 flowers and 1 stamped image.
That's it from me tonight, I've had a lovely extra long weekend but it's back to work tomorrow, groan, so time to hit the hay!
See you all soon,
Lots of love
xxx

3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh my word! that image is one of the cutest ever!
Beautiful cards Cazza :)
I remember my sons first day like it was yesterday, he will be 12 in November and is going up to secondary school next week! (so scary...for me, not so much him, he's cool as a cucumber lol)
have a fab week
Jo xx

Catherine said...

This is such a gorgeous card Cazza ! Your colouring is fantastic ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Sally said...

Gorgeous card, love your colouring, and congratulations on your DT post.
Sally. x